Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Laurel Canyon-Doggie Hangin

Valentine's Day weekend, aahh the sweetness of love. For Buddha my pup, its the sweet day of park searching. Today, we go to Laurel Canyon Park, just off of Mulholland Drive. The drive from West LA was decent. Not too far, about 25 mins with the LA traffic, Buddha was already crying, he knew where we were off to, and boy was he excited! Heading a sharp left to Laurel Canyon from Mulholland and voila, we had arrived. I think i was as excited as Buddha at this point...my search for the greatest dog park was just beginning and I had yet to be thoroughly impressed...but stepping out in the Hollywood Hills had its very own excitement about it, the suave, chic atmosphere, the beautiful rolling hills and sun burnt skies all played their part. Coming down the hill, I was quite impressed with the vast hilly area stretched out for a good couple of acres. I also liked the fact that there was no separation between dogs, in my opinion dogs are dogs, I doubt they recognize the importance of being bigger or smaller, I feel that if anything, that's an owners issue not a dogs. Doggies like to run, to play and most of all to sniff. Some more than others. Buddha being the sniffer of all sniffers, If I didn't know any better, I'd swear he was part Hound Dog haha. So Buddha had his fun, running wild and free amongst his peers, sniffing and playing with all sorts and sizes alike. Buddha seemed just as impressed as I did with the cleanliness and involved ownership that took place at this park, the owners seemed well aware of their pups and cleaned up diligently after them, which is well appreciated. I must say that Laurel Canyon gets a B+ score with me..I wont say A because I haven't seen all the parks LA has to offer yet, and an A would be the best, but Laurel is in the running so far..til next week I bid you all adieu and goodbye as my search for the greatest doggie park in LA continues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment